The concentration studies
- Last Updated: Thursday, 29 January 2015 10:48
The Concentration Studies include:
- Theoretical and activity courses, which are common for all concentrations. Students are only obliged to attend the activity courses and the foreign language courses.
- Theoretical and activity courses common to all concentrations, whose content provide students with the knowledge essential to engage in various fields of physical activity and Sports. From the above courses, only the activity ones are obligatory for students as regards attendance.
- Concentration courses, which vary according to the concentration chosen by each student. Students are obliged to attend them.
- Specialization Courses, which vary according to the speciality chosen by each student. Students are obliged to attend them.
- Elective courses, which students can choose from the list of optional Subjects (attendance is obligatory) or a Dissertation students choose to undertake.
ATTENTION: Students have to choose the Concentration and Specialization they wish to attend at the end of 4th Semester and within a definite deadline. For a specialization group to be set up, should be selected at least
- from four (4) students for the specialization courses of individual sports, and
- from six (6) students for the specialization courses of team sports and the theoretical Specializations.
In brief, the decisions and choices as regards courses students have to make during their course of studies are as follows:
|Appropriate Semester||What to choose;|
|2nd||2 prerequisite elective courses for 3rd Semester (1st and 2nd prerequisite elective courses. These courses are pre-requisites for Specialization)|
|3nd||2 prerequisite elective courses for 4th Semester (3rd and 4th prerequisite elective courses. These courses are pre-requisites for Specialization)|
|4th||Specialization (After has been successfully completed the corresponding prerequisite course)
1 elective course for 5th Semester (5th elective course)
|5th||1 elective courses for 6th semester (6th elective courses) or
the course "N165 - Laboratory Class of Scientific Approach to Dissertation Study" (which is prerequisite for the completion of the Undergraduate Research Project)
|6th||1 elective courses for 7th semester (7th elective course) or
Sign-in for Undergraduate Research Project (declaration of the Project Title),
plus the course: "Ν175 – Laboratory Class for Presentation and Analysis of Data Using Computers" (which is prerequisite for the completion of the Undergraduate Research Project)
|7th||1 elective course for 8th semester (8th elective course) or
completion of the Undergraduate Research Project
Signing for Specialization
Precondition for signing and attending a Specialization is the successful attendance (at least grade 7 / C) of the respective pre-requisite course. Each Specialization lies within a particular Concentration. In parallel with the Specialization courses there are compulsory Concentration courses as well.
Completion of Undergraduate Research Project
For the completion Of Dissertation Study one has to successfully attend the courses “N165-Laboratory of Scientific Approach to Dissertation Study” and “N175-Laboratory for Presentation and Analysis of Data Using Computers”.
For any elective course (prerequisite or free choice) to be active
- If the elective has practical nature and is associated with individual sports, it should be selected from at least four (4) students
- If the elective course is associated with a team sport, or has a theoretical nature, it should be selected from at least six (6) students.
• For a Specialization to be active it should be selected by at least
- four (4) students for individual sports’ Specialization, and
- six (6) students for team sports’ Specialization or Theoretical Specialization.
When, Where and How can I sign-in for a course?
- Course signing (for Elective- Concentration- Specialization- Research Project) will take place prior the beginning of the respective semester electronically via https://unistudent.duth.gr/. The exact dates will be announced on time by the Secretariat of the Department.
- Deadlines will be EXCLUSIVE and no signing will be accepted after the deadline!