Aim & Mission
- Last Updated: Saturday, 06 April 2013 23:27
The Physical Education and Exercise Laboratory was founded in order to meet the training and research needs of the Department concerning issues relevant to sport science, and its activities are defined by its by-laws. In general the Physical Education and Exercise Laboratory has the following mission:
- To meet the teaching and research needs of the DPESS as well as the needs of other Departments of the Democritus University of Thrace at undergraduate and postgraduate level, concerning issues related to the disciplines covered by the laboratory.
- To support the research activities of other laboratories at the University, to cooperate in the field of research and to exchange knowledge with other members of the teaching and research staff of other Departments of the Democritus University of Thrace, of other universities in Greece as well as foreign universities.
- To cooperate with all manner of similar research centres and academic establishments, whether Greek or foreign, as well government or international organisations.
- To organise academic lectures, one day conferences, seminars, colloquiums, congresses and other academic events.
- To publish articles and books.
- To invite distinguished Greek and foreign academics to bolster the academic progress of the laboratory.
- To inform society by means of seminars or annual programmes of lectures related to the academic interests of the laboratory.