Personal Page of Gioftsidou Asimenia
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 07 May 2019 14:45
|Full Name:||Gioftsidou Asimenia|
|Area of expertise:||Rehabilitation programs for injury and diseases emphasized in functional rehabilitation|
|Sector:||Exercise & Health|
|Laboratory:||Therapeutic Exercise and Rehabilitation|
|Telephone:||+30 25310 39662|
|Office:||Laboratory of Therapeutic Exercise & Rehabilitation|
|Hours of listening students:||Mon: -, Tue: -|
- N234 Sport Injuries
-N541 Sports Injuries- Counceling in Rehabilitation
-N543 Musculoskeletal Disorders and Exercise
- B545 Musculoskeletal Problems in Persons with Chronic Diseases and Exercise
- - Sports injuries, Rehabilitation training, Functional training of injury, Therapeutic water exercise
Brief curriculum vitae
- Degree in Physical Education and Sport Science D.P.E.S.S-D.U.Th.
- Postgraduate title (Msc) in Physical Education and Sports. Specialization: “Health and Recreation”, D.P.E.S.S-D.U.Th. Thesis Title: “Evaluation and applying proprioception training programs in persons with chronic ankle instability”
- Doctoral title in Physical Education, Department in Physical Education and Sport Sciences- Democritus University of Thrace D.P.E.S.S-D.U.Th Dissertation title “Training and evaluation of lower limb proprioception on elite young soccer players”
- -2004-2008 FC XANTHI: Responsible for aquatic rehabilitation programs for injured soccer players
- -2008-2008 FC PANTHRAKIKOS: Responsible in rehabilitation design programs ans athletic tainer
- - Participate in the project "GO FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT AND TOURISM (ERASMUS+)" project: from 01.10.2017 to 31.01.2020
- Proprioceptive training for learning downhill skiing. Malliou P., Amoutzas K., Gioftsidou M., Mantis K., Pylianidis Th., Kioumourtzoglou E. Perceptual and Motor Skills, (2004), 99, 149-154.
Proprioceptive training (balance exercises) reduces lower extremity injuries in young soccer players. Malliou P., Gioftsidou A., Pafis G., Beneka A., Godolias G. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (2004), 17, 101-104.
Injuries in soccer during the championship between adult and young players. Gioftsidou A., Ispirlidis J., Malliou P., Pafis G., Beneka A., Godolias G. Journal of Human Movement Studies, (2004), 46, 397-406.
Soccer players’ muscular imbalances: restoration with an isokinetic strength training program. Gioftsidou A., Beneka A., Malliou P., Pafis G., Godolias G. Perceptual and Motor Skills, (2006), 103, 151-159.
The effects of soccer training and timing of balance training on balance ability. Gioftsidou A., Malliou P., Pafis G., Beneka A., Godolias G., Maganaris G. European Journal of Applied Physiology, (2006), 96, 659-664.
Measurements and evaluations in low back pain patients. Malliou P, Gioftsidou A, Beneka A, Godolias G. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, (2006), 16, 219-230.
Preventing lower limb injuries in soccer players. Gioftsidou A., Malliou P. Strength and Conditioning Journal, (2006), 28(1), 10-13.
Isokinetic strength training program for muscular imbalances in professional soccer players. A. Gioftsidou, I Ispirlidis, G. Pafis, P. Malliou, C. Bikos, G Godolias. Sports Science for Health (2008), 2, 101-105.
Balance exercise program before or after a tennis training session? Malliou, V.J., Malliou, P., Gioftsidou, A., Pafis, G., Katsikas, C., Beneka, A., Tsiganos, G., Godolias, G. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (2008) 21 (2), 87-90.
Effects of a balance training protocol on knee joint proprioception after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Vathrakokilis K., Malliou P., Gioftsidou A., Mpeneka A. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, (2008), 21(4), 233-237.
Young tennis players and balance performance. Malliou V. Beneka A., Gioftsidou A., Malliou P., Kallistratos E., Pafis G., Katsikas C., Douvis S. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, (2010), 24(2), 389-393.
Εvaluating the emotions of patients with chronic low back pain. A preliminary examination. Beneka A., Malliou P., Kouli O., Gioftsidou A., Papadopoulou M., Bebetsos E., Godolias G. Sport Science for Health, (2010), 6(1), 17-22.
Effects of a soccer training session fatigue on balance ability. Gioftsidou A, Malliou P, Pafis G, Beneka A, Godolias G. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise (2011), 6(3), 521-527.
Proprioception and functional deficits of partial meniscectomized knees. Malliou P, Gioftsidou A, Pafis G, Rokka S, Kofotolis N, Mavromoustakos S, Godolias G. European Journal of Physical Rehabilitation Medicine (2011), 47, 465-474.
The impact of Nintendo Wii to physical education students’ balance compared to the traditional approaches. N. Vernadakis, A. Gioftsidou, P. Antoniou, D. Ioannidis, M. Giannousi Computers & Education (2012), 59(2), 196–205.
Balance training programs for soccer injuries prevention Gioftsidou A., Malliou P., Pafis G., Beneka A., Tsapralis K., Sofokleous P., Kouli O., Rokka S., Godolias G. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise (2012), 7(3), 639-647.
Typical balance exercises or exergames for balance improvement? Gioftsidou A., Vernadakis N., Malliou P., Batzios S., Sofokleous P., Antoniou P., Kouli O., Tsapralis K., Godolias G. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (2013), 26, 299-305.
Aquatic training for ankle instability. Gioftsidou A, Malliou P, Sofokleous P, Beneka A, Tsapralis K, Kofotolis N, Godolias G. Foot and Ankle Specialist (2013), 6, 346-351.
Neck pain and office workers. An Exercise Program for the Workplace. Beneka A., Malliou P., Gioftsidou A. ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal (2014), 18(3), 18-24.
Core Stability Program and Lower Extremities Proproception, Strength, Endurance and Functional Ability. Sofokleous P., Gioftsidou A., Malliou P., Beneka A., Roka S., Godolias G. Jacobs Journal of Physical Rehabilitation Medicine 2015, 1(3), 016.