- Last Updated: Saturday, 12 October 2019 08:16
The basic aim of the Biomechanics Division is to research motion by:
- Evaluating the kinematics of athletic movement: Evaluation of the movement characteristics of athletic techniques, external forces exerted on the athlete's body, articular forces and moments and energy transfer among the body parts of the athlete. Overall evaluation of the parameters mentioned indicates the technical problems which lead to insufficient performance and ways of improvement.
- Evaluating athlete muscular strength: Evaluation of the strength of various muscles of the athlete and suggestion of ways of improving it by means of training.
- Evaluating myoneural control of movements: Evaluation of myoneural motor skill, pre-mobility and mobility time and of the electromechanical delay of muscles of athletes and children of preschool and school age, suggesting ways of improvement through training or exercise.
- Evaluation of leg mobility problems: The evaluation of leg mobility problems of persons with Parkinson's Diseases, or who have suffered a stroke, and of children with brain paralysis is made by analyzing their pace, suggesting ways of improving it by exercise.
- Evaluation of rehabilitation programmes for leg mobility programs: Evaluation of the effectiveness of various rehabilitation programmes for leg mobility programmes by analyzing stance and pace, and suggestion of ways for improving it.